Rex Orange County Discusses Tyler The Creator’s Impact On Him: ‘He’s Taught Me A Lot’

UPROXX

Real
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends

Getty Image

Tyler The Creator played a major role in helping Rex Orange County get his career off the ground and the rapper even appears on Rex’s new album, Who Cares?, which was released today. Rex is also the subject of a new NME cover story, in which he discusses the impact Tyler has had on him.

He reminisced about what it was like meeting with Tyler in Los Angeles early on in his career and a lesson Tyler taught him, saying:

He also discussed how he was affected by the pandemic, saying, “I was mentally prepared to be on tour and away for a whole year, and then came back to my parents’ house in the countryside… it was like, ‘What now?’ I’d look at the schedule and see certain places I was excited to go to like Australia, South America, Mexico, Asia, New Zealand and then it was… Surrey. It was just mentally a bit confusing.”

Read the full feature here.

Who Cares? is out now via Sony Music. Get it here.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…