UPROXX

Real
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends
Kendrick Lamar 60th Annual Grammy Awards 2018

Getty Image

Kendrick Lamar is currently in the thick of his The Big Steppers Tour in support of his triumphant new album, Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers. This past weekend, the Compton rapper played three dates in New York City, with two nights at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on Friday and Saturday, followed by a Sunday show at UBS Arena in Long Island on Sunday. But that was clearly not enough of New York on-stage time for Lamar. So, on Saturday night, Kendrick played an intimate stripped-down performance at Brooklyn’s Dumbo House, where Jay-Z and Beyoncé were both in attendance and Kendrick tipped a cap to Jay-Z for a very specific reason.

In the stripped-down performance for what looks like less than 100 people, Kendrick was backed only by a keyboard and bass and when he was playing “The Heart Part 5,” he stopped mid flow to thank Jay-Z for clearing a lyric sample. “I say I do this for my culture,” he rapped, before delivering an aside to his esteemed guest: “Hov, good looking out for clearing that muthaf*cking line. You ain’t never… you ain’t never charged me for a muthaf*cking line, dog! You know, I really appreciate that sh*t.”

During an intimate performance on Dave Free’s Instagram, Kendrick Lamar thanks Jay-Z for clearing interpolations used on songs such as The Heart Part 5, Hood Politics, Blow My High (Members Only), etc. — for FREE!
🐐
🙌🏾
💎
pic.twitter.com/EWrdzPjCwX

— Check My Technique (@latdaw2012) August 7, 2022

Some folks captured Jay-Z and Beyoncé leaving the members-only club (which is the Brooklyn outpost of the more well-known Soho House) after the performance, but not before Jay, Kendrick, Baby Keem, Tanna Leone, and Dave Free had time to pose for a photo together.

Beyoncé and Jay-Z leaving Kendrick Lamar's intimate show, yesterday (06). pic.twitter.com/c1XifuZ0Nt

— BEYONCÉ NETWORK (@BeyNetwork) August 7, 2022

Tanna Leone, Dave Free, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar & Baby Keem at Beyonce’s 'RENAISSANCE' release party last night! pic.twitter.com/5gUgXsYSf9

— NFR Podcast (@nfr_podcast) August 7, 2022

This was a special one for anyone in attendance, but one Dumbo House regular missed out on surprise. Give this dude a hug if you see him around town:

I literally go to dumbo house every weekend and the weekend I decide not to show up… Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Kendrick shows up. Are you kidding me.

— D.J.H. (@DeWittt) August 7, 2022

Continue reading...

• :)
  • :trolljak:
  • :yb:
  • :thumbsupsoyjak
  • :meds:
  • :cigar:
  • :soy4:
  • :babysoyjak:
  • :blacksoyjak:
  • :wepa: