China’s Population Falls, Heralding a Demographic Crisis

KJ

Class Conscious
Reaction score
BC
฿4,190
Dividends
I believe this to be one of the many noxious effects of our oppressive capitalist system. Sadly, I don't think there is much logical incentive for the working class to have children anymore, and that appears to now be obvious to many.

China’s decline in population would be very difficult to reverse at this stage, said Mr. O’Keefe of the University of California, Irvine.

“I don’t think there is a single country that has gone as low as China in terms of fertility rate and then bounced back to the replacement rate.”

Many young people have cited the rising cost of parenthood — including childcare — at a time when the economy is in a precarious state.

Danny Dalit

Trainee
Reaction score
BC
฿47
Dividends
I believe this to be one of the many noxious effects of our oppressive capitalist system. Sadly, I don't think there is much logical incentive for the working class to have children anymore, and that appears to now be obvious to many.

China’s decline in population would be very difficult to reverse at this stage, said Mr. O’Keefe of the University of California, Irvine.

“I don’t think there is a single country that has gone as low as China in terms of fertility rate and then bounced back to the replacement rate.”

Many young people have cited the rising cost of parenthood — including childcare — at a time when the economy is in a precarious state.
Don't forget that China lies about its total population. They could be far into the collapse and not even realise it.

• +1
Reactions: KJ
  • :)
  • :trolljak:
  • :yb:
  • :thumbsupsoyjak
  • :meds:
  • :cigar:
  • :soy4:
  • :babysoyjak:
  • :blacksoyjak:
  • :wepa: