News WATCH LIVE: Week 3 begins in penalty phase trial of Parkland school shooter

WPLG

Realest
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends
Week 3 begins Monday in the penalty phase trial of Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz.

So far, jurors have heard testimony from the victims injured in the Feb. 14, 2018, mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, as well as numerous others, including medical examiners and law enforcement officials.

During the last hearing, prosecutors called Broward Sheriff’s Office Detective Nicholas Masters to testify in court about the digital evidence his team uncovered.

Masters, a member of the South Florida Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, read about 20 pages of comments and searches that detectives believe Cruz wrote after receiving data from Google. The document contains expletives and language about violence.

Some of the comments allegedly made by Cruz included, “I hate people,” “I wanna kill s*** ton of people and murder children,” and “I have no problem shooting a girl in the chest.”

The state is seeking the death penalty, while the defense is hoping Cruz’s life be spared and he be sentenced to life in prison.

Continue reading...

• :)
  • :trolljak:
  • :yb:
  • :thumbsupsoyjak
  • :meds:
  • :cigar:
  • :soy4:
  • :babysoyjak:
  • :blacksoyjak:
  • :wepa:
  • :devioussoyjak: