News WATCH LIVE: Testimony continues a day after victims’ loved ones detail heartbreak after Parkland shooting

WPLG

Realest
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends
Testimony in the Parkland school shooter’s penalty phase continues Tuesday, a day after jurors heard from some of the loved ones of the victims killed in the Feb. 14, 2018, shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

“Our lives have been shattered and changed forever,” Patricia Oliver said through tears.

Oliver lost her son, Joaquin, in the shooting.

A stoic Andrea Ghersi, Joaquin’s older sister, said that even though her brother Joaquin was 6-foot, 1-inches tall, he was still her baby brother.

“It hurts a lot, not just today but every single day,” Ghersi said.

Jurors also heard from the mother and sister of Alaina Petty, 14, who died in her JROTC uniform.

Her mother, Kelly Petty, said Alaina joined JROTC in following with her older brother’s footsteps.

“I am heartbroken that I will not be able to watch her become the amazing young woman that she was turning into,” Kelly Petty said while reading her victim statement.

Alaina’s older sister, Meghan Petty, said she feels confused and angry about her sister’s murder every day. In her victim’s statement, she said it upset her that her sister didn’t get to experience romantic love.

“I would have loved to see her grow up because I know she would have been a blessing to the world,” Meghan Petty said.

Linda Beigel told the jury about her slain son Scott Beigel, a geography teacher and cross-country coach. Cruz fatally shot him on the 1200 building’s third floor, in front of his classroom.

Michael Schulman, his stepfather, also read a statement. He said that after he married Linda Beigel he decided to adopt Scott Biegel when he was in his 20s.

“I miss my son today. I will miss my son tomorrow. I will miss my son for the rest of my life,” Linda Beigel said.

Continue reading...

• :)
  • :trolljak:
  • :yb:
  • :thumbsupsoyjak
  • :meds:
  • :cigar:
  • :soy4:
  • :babysoyjak:
  • :blacksoyjak:
  • :wepa:
  • :devioussoyjak: