Questlove Got A Call From Barack Obama But Thought He Was A Postmates Driver

UPROXX

Real
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends

Getty Image

Last night, Questlove stopped by Late Night for a chat with Seth Meyers, to speak primarily about his Oscar-nominated documentary Summer Of Soul. While there, he told a great story about Barack Obama calling him to offer his congratulations for the nomination.

Questlove started the story by noting at the time, he was hungry and waiting on a Postmates delivery driver who was taking longer with his food than expected. While he’s usually wary of answering phone calls due to rampant spam, he got a call and since it could have been from his driver, he picked up the phone. Questlove continued the story:

Elsewhere, he spoke about how the film’s success has exceeded his expectations, saying, “At least I know with music what a goal is, but with the movie world, I just had no clue. I just wanted to make something really cool and hopefully they were gonna show it in a few classrooms, and then maybe discover it 20 years from now, like, ‘Yo, you know Questlove did this thing?'”

Watch the full interview above.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…