On Dropshipping

KJ

Class Conscious
Reaction score
BC
฿4,240
Dividends
In business, one has to provide a discernable value in a field where entry is difficult, [1] to have a money-producing, reliable operation.

I personally can't see the value that dropshipping provides besides the minute effort in marketing and branding. Most of the people engaging in this practice do not buy/store in bulk from the manufacturer, obviously, so there is no advantage to the consumer even in that regard.

Danny Dalit

Trainee
Reaction score
BC
฿47
Dividends
In business, one has to provide a discernable value in a field where entry is difficult, [1] to have a money-producing, reliable operation.

I personally can't see the value that dropshipping provides besides the minute effort in marketing and branding. Most of the people engaging in this practice do not buy/store in bulk from the manufacturer, obviously, so there is no advantage to the consumer even in that regard.
You can make money with dropshipping if you're the one creating a valuable and unique product.

OP
KJ

KJ

Class Conscious
Reaction score
BC
฿4,240
Dividends
You can make money with dropshipping if you're the one creating a valuable and unique product.
You’re still at mercy to the manufacturer.

Best just to get it imported, that way your shipping times for customers won’t be insane and you’ll actually be able to charge a normal amount compared to competitors

OP
KJ

KJ

Class Conscious
Reaction score
BC
฿4,240
Dividends
Not if you manufacture the products yourself. You just need to choose the right product to create.
So owning a factory? Fair enough but that usually isn't what comes to mind when one mentions dropshipping. What I'm referring to is some rando with a shopify site selling overpriced fad items with no quality control/check that give no competitive advantage.

Danny Dalit

Trainee
Reaction score
BC
฿47
Dividends
So owning a factory? Fair enough but that usually isn't what comes to mind when one mentions dropshipping. What I'm referring to is some rando with a shopify site selling overpriced fad items with no quality control/check that give no competitive advantage.
Dropshipping as it is commonly described as is extremely low IQ and doesn't work.

What I'm advocating for is something called micromanufacturing. Where lets say that you have a team of 1-5 producing items that can wholesaled to people who will sell it in there own stores.

OP
KJ

KJ

Class Conscious
Reaction score
BC
฿4,240
Dividends
Where lets say that you have a team of 1-5 producing items that can wholesaled to people who will sell it in there own stores.
That by definition is wholesaling then, not really dropshipping. Wholesaling is a fine choice if you don't want to deal with retailing and it's duties.

Pendejo

Admin
Reaction score
BC
฿6
Dividends
JFL I remember my brother wanted to get started with dropshipping, I am glad he never went through with it.

• +1
Reactions: KJ
  • :)
  • :trolljak:
  • :yb:
  • :thumbsupsoyjak
  • :meds:
  • :cigar:
  • :soy4:
  • :babysoyjak:
  • :blacksoyjak:
  • :wepa: