Music Kid Cudi Reveals He Suffered A Stroke While In Rehab In 2016: ‘Everything Was F*cked’

UPROXX

Real
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends

Jamie McCarthy

Kid Cudi has long been open about his mental health struggles and he’s a proponent of therapy and receiving treatment. But for years, he did not reveal a near-death experience he endured while seeking treatment back in 2016. In an interview with Esquire (ahead of his upcoming animated series, Entergalactic), Cudi revealed that he suffered a stroke two weeks into his rehab stint.

“Everything was f*cked,” said Cudi, noting that as a result of the stroke, his speech and physical movement were slowed down.

In addition to mental health treatment, Cudi would also enter a physical rehabilitation program. The following year, he would attempt to make a return to acting, this time, on the stage. He read with actor Michael Cera for a role in a Broadway play called Lobby Hero, memorizing a large amount of dialogue. Although Cudi didn’t land the role, he found the fact that he was able to prepare for the audition rewarding.

“I proved to myself that I could do it. I needed that at the time,” he said. “I was happy. Like, damn, my brain is still strong. I didn’t lose something in that sh*t that happened.”

Kid Cudi’s new visual album and animated series, Entergalactic, streams on Netflix on September 30.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…