Earthgang Deliver A Hypnotic Late-Night Performance Of ‘Ghetto Gods’ Standout ‘Lie To Me’ On ‘Fallon’

UPROXX

Real
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends
Earthgang released their second album Ghetto Gods at the end of February, completing a rollout that included hype releases for “Options” — and its remix featuring Coi Leray — “Erykah,” “American Horror Story,” “All Eyes On Me,” and “Amen.” However, now that it’s out, they aren’t going to slack off. Instead, they brought one of the album’s poignant crowd-pleasers, “Lie To Me,” to a smooth performance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon along with their accomplished backing band.

The Atlanta duo took to a smoky stage in front of a large video screen flashing images of the New York City skyline and streets, with Olu and WowGr8 presenting their usual yin-yang clash of styles. While Olu went typically shirtless, wearing a monogrammed silk scarf as a belt, his partner-in-rhyme sported a Canadian tuxedo with a plain black t-shirt. Meanwhile, their band embellished the hypnotic beat with unexpected flourishes that gave the normally stripped-down instrumental a new gravity that built to an impressive crescendo.

Now that Earthgang’s long-awaited, oft-delayed album is finally out in the world, fans will be able to catch the duo at the upcoming 2022 Dreamville Festival on April 2 and 3 in Raleigh, North Carolina, alongside a stunning lineup including Ashanti and Ja Rule, DJ Drama supported by Gangsta Grillz alumni Jeezy, Lil Wayne, and T.I., Kehlani, Lil Baby, T-Pain, and Wizkid.

Watch Earthgang perform “Lie To Me” above.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…