Music Doechii Reclaims Her Power On Her New EP, ‘She/Her/Black B*tch’

UPROXX

Real
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends

Chris Parsons

This year is shaping up to be a big year for Tampa native rapper Doechii, who has just dropped her first EP with Top Dawg Entertainment. Containing hits like the self-confidence anthem “B*tch I’m Nice,” and the SZA-assisted remix to “Persuasive,” Doechii’s new EP, She/Her/Black B*tch, contains five songs that feature her embracing her Blackness, queerness, and every intersection of herself.

“Many times I’ve been referred to as a “bitch” as a way to gaslight me out of certain spaces, something I think many people can relate to in one way or another,” said Doechii in a statement accompanying the EP’s release. “Lots of people will call you various names for doing something differently.“ So I decided to take ownership of the ‘black bitch’ and title my EP She/Her/Black B*tch and reclaim that motherf*cking power. So if you’ve ever been put down for being yourself, just remember you’re powerful and unapologetic- these songs are for you.”

On the EP, Doechii delivers next-level bars, riding each beat with ease, channeling the multiple characters she has created within her musical universe.

She / Her / Black B*tch is out now via Capitol and Top Dawg Entertainment. Stream it here.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…