Ask HN: Google have lost one of my customers; potential legal trouble

Hacker News

Realest
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends
I set up my business 12 years ago, and since then it's been just me, mainly doing freelance software development, but I have always offered "Gmail for work" which became "Google Apps For Business" which became "GSuite" which became "Google Workplace".
Over the years, after becoming a reseller of Google's services, I resell Google Workplace for a slight profit margin, as I've found that my customers often have a real requirement of what Gmail for work can offer, so it's always been a good fit.
Three months ago, a customer asked me how to add a user to their organisation, so I sent them a link to the documentation (https://support.google.com/a/answer/33310).
They continued to email back, claiming they couldn't do it. After a few back and forth emails, I logged into my reseller console, which allows me to administer my customers' domains... but the customer's domain was not in the list.
The customer was getting a generic error when trying to access admin.google.com - please contact your domain administrator (me). When I tried to log in, their domain was simply not in the list of customers.
Since then, I've been on countless live chats, phone calls and email threads with Google support, but nobody's listening. Every time I get passed to another person, I have to explain everything from the start again, and I'm pointed to a Google Forms page to submit my "I can't access my account" request. Submitting the form doesn't do anything.
In fact, the support feels like I'm being trialled on teaching some kind of defective AI how to discuss problems with my Google account, or maybe I'm communicating via Google Translate to a non-English speaking sweatshop?
Anyway, my customer has been waiting to add a user for 3 months now, and they're getting shirty - possible legal issues are coming my way because of my incompetance.
I honestly don't know what to do. Google have just pulled the plug on a customer, and now I'm in hot water with nobody to talk to.
Has anyone got any advice?

Comments URL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=33041125

# Comments: 1

Continue reading...

• :)
  • :trolljak:
  • :yb:
  • :thumbsupsoyjak
  • :meds:
  • :cigar:
  • :soy4:
  • :babysoyjak: