Wiz Khalifa, Big K.R.I.T & Girl Talk Collide On "How The Story Goes"

HotNewHipHop

Realest
Reaction score
BC
฿0
Dividends
Two fixtures of the blog era have joined forces with Girl Talk for a brand new collaborative project due out next month. Wiz Khalifa and Big K.R.I.T. joined with the Pittsburgh-born DJ for Full Court Press which they announced last month with the Smoke Dza-assisted, "Put You On." This week, they came through with "How The Story Goes," a laidback smoke-friendly record that puts Wiz and Big K.R.I.T in an introspective space where they reflect on money and status, and how it affects the relationships around them.

"Wiz recorded his verse first. I thought the beat was a slightly different vibe than normal for him, but once he got in the booth, it felt like a natural fit. K.R.I.T came in and built the rest of the song around that verse. He was able to capture the feel of the sample and take it somewhere new," Girl Talk said in a statement. "This turned into one of the songs that I ended up going back to the most."

Quotable Lyrics
It's funny how the models and the bottles go
Took her in a section full of bible hoes
Hopin' that an athlete with holla, though
Last week, she was a singer but she model, though

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…